We originally looked at York for college preparedness and academics. What we came to appreciate about York once our oldest daughter enrolled were: 1) The teachers are devoted and set the bar high, then they support and encourage students to get there; 2) The sports teams are competitive. They want to win to like everyone else, but refuse to compromise on integrity, camaraderie, fairness, and team spirit; and 3) York’s campus culture doesn’t just value kindness and compassion, they live it.
– LIZ & TOM MUSTOE (PARENTS OF Mollie '13, Audrey '15, and Emily '17)
Welcome! At York, You will . . .
- take interesting classes with great teachers and motivated classmates
- expand your horizons and immerse yourself in a world of exploration
- join a welcoming community and make great friends
- develop the kind of confidence that sets you apart academically in college and prepares you for success in life
Admission to York is earned by demonstrated academic achievement, motivation, and good citizenship. We attract students from 25-30 middle school, charter school, and homeschool programs throughout Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito counties and around the world. Our tuition assistance program provides opportunities for 41% of our students, more than twice the national average among independent day schools. We want you to develop academic confidence, make great connections with friends and teachers, and enjoy your high school experience.
Start on the web, but don't stop here. Come take a closer look and visit campus.
Contact the Admission Office: