Don’t just take our word for it—see for yourself. We’d be happy to arrange a campus visit so you can see first hand what it's like to be a York student.
One thing you’ll notice right away is York is a place where you can make friends you’ll have for the rest of your life, meet people with interests like yours, and feel safe trying new things. We’ll help you find an interesting way to fit in, and to stand out. Along the way, you’ll learn who you are and who you want to be.The sense of community among students, faculty, staff, and parents is hard to explain, but once you’ve been on campus, you’ll know that it’s something great.
HOW VISITS WORK
Visit days are available from October 1 through February 28 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.* You’ll meet your host student in the Admission Office and they'll show you around campus, escort you to classes, and introduce you to teachers and other students.
Visit days are typically 8:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m. Plan to arrive at the Admission Office by 8:20 so we can introduce you to your student host for the day. If you would like to visit choir or instrumental music practice in the morning or sports in the afternoon, let us know beforehand. Things to keep in mind on visit days:
- We don’t wear uniforms so teen casual is the way to go.
- You can either bring a lunch from home or plan to visit the lunch truck, our catering service that swings by at lunch time with burritos, salads, hot meals, fruit, and drinks. Plan on $6-$8, depending on how ravenous you are.
- You won’t be tested during your visit, so relax.
- We don’t have “special” visit days, so you'll see what really happens on a typical school day.
- You can bring a notebook and pen if you want to, but it’s not required.
- Bring a sweater or jacket. Depending on the time of year, it can be cool in the mornings.
Parents should come to the Admission Office in the morning to sign in their students and by 2:45 p.m. to sign them out. After students head off to class in the morning, parents will meet briefly with the Head of School and Director of Admission.
*Please note: Visits begin on Tuesday, October 1. No visits on October 2, 10-18, 25, 30, or 31, November 6, Thanksgiving week, January 8 or 15, or February 5. Contact the Admission Office or send us an email to let us know when you'd like to visit.