PCAL Cypress Division
York Golf had a very successful season, finishing second in PCAL/Cypress Division regular season play, and winning 4 of 6 all league tournaments. Way to fly Falcons!! Jara Gomez shot 86 and Fletcher Gaucher 91 in the All PCAL Finals at Laguna Seca Golf Ranch.
First Team All League - Jara Gomez, Fletcher Gaucher
2nd Team All League - Shloak Sinha
Sportsmanship Team - Philip DeCocco
York Tennis had a record of 10 match wins and 4 losses in the PCAL/Mission Division for 2nd Place in league play. A balanced collection of team players led to a very successful season, with a majority of the squad returning next year. Bravo Falcons!!
Best wishes to our graduating Senior players:
#1 Singles - Alex Warzycki
#2 Singles - Alex Shi
#1 Doubles - Max Rosenblum.
PCAL/Mission Division - Boys 4th and Girls 5th
Season Dual Meet Record - Girls 4-3 , Boys 4-3
York Swimming was made up of a young and improving Girls squad, while the Boys Team had some of the finest Senior swimmers in school history. Both teams were competitive, and York sent four swimmers to the CCS Championships.
Connor Barringer set two school records in the 100 and 200 Free, Cameron Ritchie in the 50 Free, while James Baek cracked 1:00 in the 100 Fly. James Gonzales swam a fine leg on the CCS Qualifying 200 Medley Relay Team.
The Girls were a balanced group of swimmers led by Caitlin Bermejo, Zib Lindholm, Casey Cortez, Esmie Ortiz, Sophia Sanico, Courtney Hand, Jasmine Agha, and Cynthia Ortiz-Naranjo.
The Boys team will be led by returnees Leonardo Del Toro and Michael Julian.
- B200 Med Relay - 1:46.93 - Connor Barringer, Cameron Ritchie, James Baek, James Gonzales - CCS Qualifier
- B 200 Free - Connor Barringer - 1:41.26 - CCS Finalist & CIF State Meet Alternate - York School Record
- B 50 Free - Cameron Ritchie - 21.92 - CCS Semi-Finalist - York School Record
- B 100 Free - Connor Barringer - 47.13 - CCS Finalist - York School Record
TRACK AND FIELD
York Track & Field had a solid season with four individuals and two Relay teams qualifying for the PCAL Masters Meet. The team was led by Seniors Adam Shapiro and Tristen Laney, and a fine group of young athletes. Michael Julian ran a superb 4:25.89 in the 1600 and advanced to the CCS Semi-Finals.
PCAL Cypress & Masters
- B 4x100 Relay - 50.1 - Jared Griffith, Tom Liu, Daniel Xu, Jonathan Zhao
- G 1600 - Juliet Oliver 5:57
- B 1600 - Michael Julian 4:25.89 CCS Semi-Finalist
- Adam Shapiro 4:30.87 Top 9 in PCAL
- G Shot Put - Jasmine Agha 25-2 Top 18 in PCAL
- G High Jump - Yulissa Flores-Ibanez 4-2 - PCAL Cypress JV Champion
- B 4x400 - 3:47.89 -Tristen Laney, Jared Griffith, Michael Julian, Jonathan Zhao
PCAL Mission Division - 3 wins & 6 losses in league play
Heroic team played scheduled against much larger programs, and held our own in each contest. Many young players returning next season.
First Team All League - Tom Siletto
Second Team All League - Matthew Galloway
Sportsmanship Team - Jason Mao
Team Rookie of the Year - George Willaman
PCAL Single Division
Young team with many first time players. The future looks bright.
Thank you to our wonderful Senior players: Sammy Smock, Jona Cruz, Katie Whilden, and Katie Calciano.
First Team All League - Katie Whilden
Second Team All League - Celeste McGuire
Sportsmanship Team - Kaira Aldape-Duron
Brand new team went 3-3 in season play and will be a Varsity Team next year with 6 of 8 returning players.
Congratulations to Seniors Donald Ratcliff, Arjun Mayur,
and returnees Seth Madden, Justin Vu, Ryo Ishiguro, Leo Burks, Rohan Sethi, and Jacob Bancroft.